Thursday, April 22, 2010

- Caricature -

I haven't really ever done caricatures before, but I do draw a picture of one of my best friends for her birthday most years. What I had drawn for her before was more of a manga inspired style and I wanted to do something different this year so I tried making something that was more of a classic caricature style.

I was going to post the initial pencil sketch which I scanned in and started with but I seem to have misplaced it. I will update with it up here if I happen to find it.

Probably not the greatest likeness but it was a first attempt ... probably not the most flattering looking drawing of Stacey either, but what caricatures ever are?

I actually really like how this image turned out, which is surprising because I wasn't expecting to like it really. Anyway, more illustration type work to come.

- Later Days -

1 comment:

Stacey Ree said...

doesn't matter. i still love it! :D